[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted something for all rush fans out there.

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:50:40 -0500

hi lea. as I'm able to find Peart's other books, I plan to scan them too.

Shane
At 08:22 PM 10/1/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
I grabbed it - I'm VERY interested in this!!

Thanks Shane,

Lea

Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi listers. I've just submitted Roadshow, A
Landscape With Drums, A Concert tour by
motorcycle. Yes, that's one title. It's sure to
be a fantastic read for those interested. Whoever
validates this one shouldn't have a problem.

Shane

P.S.

Here's what some critics have said about the book.

Praise for Roadshow by Neil Peart

"In this unique travelogue, Peart leverages his
considerable literary penmanship to describe the
joys and rigors of a rock tour as well as his
impressions of the politics, social mores, and
cultural heterogeneity he encounters across
states and nations. As Peart travels for his art,
he perfectly describes the art of travel."
­Christian Science Monitor

"Peart has by now created his own genre­the
existentialist travel guide. ... His intellectual
and, dare I say it, spiritual wanderlust elevate
his prose writing toward the sublime. . . . Peart
has a reporter's eye and a poet's heart, and in
Roadshow, the twain have met to eloquent effect."
­The Buffalo News

"[Peart] narrates clearly with a mix of passion
and critical detachment that serves his subjects
well. ... His unique commute . . . offers
insights into the land, the people that inhabit
it and, not least, himself. It's a hell of a journey."
­The Hartford Courant

"Peart uses spare, dynamic prose to explore human
relationships in work and friendship, love and grief."
­Pittsburgh City Paper

"Roadshow is Peart's strongest literary
contribution yet. . . . Inspirational and
entertaining ... a must read for all who value
adventure, relationships, and humor. . . . The
memorable and real events are exciting,
thrilling, scary, happy, and sad­retold with
captivating and vivid description. ... As a
transmission of life philosophy and values . . .
the author tells his story powerfully, yet subtly."
­BMW Owners News

More praise for Roadshow by Neil Peart

"A thoughtful, fascinating and at times hilarious
read, for Neil Peart is a true man of letters. .
. [with] extraordinary gifts as a story teller.
... It is his unabashed enthusiasm for life and
his thirst for knowledge­all knowledge­that touched me the most."
­Jim Ladd, KLOS Los Angeles

"A real great read not only for rock fans, but
for anyone who wants a tour of the American
landscape in the words of one of music's greatest
drummers and lyricists. Neil takes the reader on
a great ride that is not to be missed." ­Eddie
Trunk, VH1 VJ, and host of the syndicated radio show Eddie Trunk Rocks

"Neil Peart straps us in the sidecar for a
thrilling travelogue that takes us from behind
the music and out on a Roadshow you'll never forget!"
­Music Connection

"Consistently funny . . . Roadshow has many light-hearted moments."
­Cleveland Free Times

"Neil rides a motorcycle to Rush concert events
and writes about his en-route experiences on two
wheels with the same heart that defines his drumming."
­Motorcycle Mojo

Looking for a deal? <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47094/*http://farechase.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFicDJoNDllBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwMxMwRzZWMDZ3JvdXBzBHNsawNlbWFpbC1uY20->Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.