[bksvol-discuss] just submitted Pobby and Dingan

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 19:23:30 -0400

I just submitted this short but deeply touching book.  I edited it as I was on
the plane back home, and I think the guy sitting next to me was wondering why I
was laughing and or crying through this shorty but goody.
Pobby and Dingan by Ben Rice
Ashmol Williamson has had enough of his younger sister Kellyanne and her best
friends Pobby and Dingan. Only Kellyanne can see the imaginary pair, but much
to Ashmol's dismay, many in the small Australian mining town treat Pobby and
Dingan as if they were real. Ashmol's dad has established a reputation as
the town drunk, and one day, while on a walk with Pobby and Dingan, he loses
the two friends, and Kellyanne becomes despondent. Realizing that finding
Pobby and Dingan is the only way to bring his sister out of her severe
depression and ease the minds of his parents, Ashmol sets out to enlist the
people
of Lightning Ridge in a search to bring the pair back to Kellyanne. What shines
throughout is Ashmol's narrative voice, and his blunt humor shapes this
fable into an excellent read for young and old.
Enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams