[bksvol-discuss] just submitted Herbal Rituals

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 14:35:44 -0400

I just submitted Herbal Rituals by Judith Berger.
Herbal Rituals is about connecting with Nature and the plant world in order to
keep us near to the ground of our own souls. The book records, month by month,
a yearlong journey in to the earth's natural cycle. Each monthly section
describes a facet of the earth's temperament, offering us an opportunity to
immerse
ourselves in Nature's unique expression of birth, growth, fruition, decay,
death and regeneration, the primary cycle that weaves a thread of continuance
through our lives. Even in an urban environment, the constant presence of the
elemental natural world and the use of herbs can be a touchstone to bring
both body and soul back to a natural cadence. Each monthly chapter discusses
one herb in detail - what it's like, how it grows, what it does - as well
as presenting recipes for teas, lotions and foods, along with rituals
appropriate to the season that can bring your life into harmony with the moods
of
nature.
For thousands of years, humans have used herbs and trees for just this kind of
medicine, in addition to calling on the plants as a source of nutrition,
remedy, heating, shelter and magic. These are the old ways.
Enjoy.
Amber
Book blog:
John Adams