[bksvol-discuss] Re: just sent Hero With a Thousand Faces to admin queue

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:09:08 -0400

Seeing Eye requires that a person pay a token amount for getting a dog. In cases of economic need that amount can be paid for over a long period. The money never figured into any of my story. I have been with dogs from Seeing Eye for over thirty years now.

Laws are usually the last resort in cases of social and economic discrimination involving dogs and blind people. It is the same as in discrimination in general. The society is what we live in day to day and it is in everyday life people are successful. The laws are usually behind what is going on in the culture in my experience. For example, there are lots of laws about cab drivers not being allowed to pass blind pedestrians with dogs but it happens all the time.

E.
At 07:48 PM 10/8/2006, you wrote:

As with E.'s experience, this occurred before we had all of these laws
protecting us and our dogs.  He did have to pay for replacement of the dog
thoough.  Her parents saw to that.  He had to pay for her next dog.

Sue S.