[bksvol-discuss] Re: just approved, Deep Freeze

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:10:07 -0500

That assume most volunteers and submitters are members of this list which just is not so. So though I support the idea of posting, its effect is limited as is the good it can do. E.
At 03:34 PM 3/29/2006, you wrote:

Hmmm. I was thinking and had posted that there's no
point in posting that a book has been validated and
uploaded until it actually gets into the collection,
wich can take months, but maybe if we post when we
approve, as well as when we submit, and if we also
post when we take a book for validation, because it
otherwise doesn't appear anywhere, and we post again
when the book is finally in the collection, that will
prevent such duplicated work as you just did.

O.K. I have approved and uploaded the following books
which have still sitting in the admin. Q: Plum Bun and
Elect Mr. Robinson for a Better World (two more
different books you can't hope to find); Robin Cook's
Brain; and an Excellent copy, to replace the Fairm of
Last Express. I am in the process of validating Reuben
Snake, Your Humble Serpent, and then will do
Wisdomkeeper and Peril. I think Lissi is validating
Next Spring at Oriole and Shamrocks, Harps, and
Shillelaghs, or maybe she's already uploaded them and
they're in the Admin. Q.

Cindy

I hav