[bksvol-discuss] Re: iron lake

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 08:36:26 -0400

We pass your message and my message on to Pavi, our volunteer co-ordinator.

I will copy her. Rather than Cindy or somebody unofficial contacting the submitter, perhaps the volunteer co-ordinator can take charge of the task. I therefore am copying her on this message. (smile)

E.
.

At 08:22 AM 9/28/2008, you wrote:

E., these books have already been discussed on the list. When I took Iron Lake to look at it, Cindy and others advised me not to do anything with it because they were going to contact the submitter. There are at least four Krueger books on Step One, all in ARK and all, in my opinion, needing either a motivated validator or a rescan. I don't think the spell checker was even run. There are garbled pages and so on. The problem we face is that it's not just one book, it's about four, same condition, same submitter. Now, old friend, what should we do?

Do we reject all four of them and tell this person in actions, if not in words that her scans are useless?

Do we have a long discussion with Ms. Taylor and find out if she's willing to put in the time to rescan the books?

Do we just advise her that until she can learn to be a better and more careful scanner, her books are going to be rejected?

Now before you make an emotional decision, remember it's not just a book, it's a volunteer, a human being. Now, my friend, what should we do?

Ann P.

Date: 2007-10-04 08:00:27-07
User: Theresa Taylor
At 04:09 AM 9/27/20