[bksvol-discuss] invalid RTF

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:49:58 -0600

Hello,
I used to think it was always necessary to open an RTF that refused to
upload in Word to change it and make it acceptable.  Today I had an
experience that proved that is not always true.  I editted the file in
Kurzweil, but it was not a file that was created with Kurzweil and so could
not have had the typical KES stuff that shouldn't end up in an RTF.  When I
got the error I had the file open in Kurzweil to check the spelling of
something, and when I switched focus to Kurzweil I remembered that I hadn't
done my usual search and replace to illiminate  rediculous numbers of
spaces.  I did that and just because I was feeling lazy I tried uploading
the file again without opening it in something else.  And ... it worked!
Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/