[bksvol-discuss] interactive reading, is it possible

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 19:45:41 -0400

Dear Bookshare Friends,

When I read print books I loved interacting with them, underlining and putting scads of notes in the margins. I'd mark passages, P for poetically expressed, R for redundant, CH, for cheap trick, G for gratituous, O for original idea, V for vocabulary word new to me, X for I oppose this idea, Y for Yes, I concur, F for fact worth remembering, TH, for thought provoking, and on and on.

Since I don't like the daisy reader's voice, the only way I know of listening to a book from Bookshare is to say yes to the prompt that makes it an html file. As far as I know, I can't alter those file, either to correct errors in the text, or to splatter it with my highlights, lowlights and various observations.

I'd also like to be able to highlight, then cut and paste memorable quotes from the book file, to one of my quotes files.

Is there a way I can read interactively with audio books from Bookshare on my computer which has windows XP and microsoft Word 2003?

Always with love,

Lissi