[bksvol-discuss] input about .rtf files

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:50:40 -0400

I am asking for feedback from volunteers and assistance from those who have something to do with the bookshare software.

I keep editing books in .rtf form and when I try to upload them I get the message "this is not a valid .rtf file". I know this can happen to someone who puts a .rtf file into k1000 or alternatively opens it in the braillenote and saves in either k1000 or on the braillenote. The way to get around this issue seems to be to open the file in either word or word pad and do a save as under a different name. Saving under the same name in either word or word pad does not seem to satisfy the bookshare upload page.

Does anyone know anything about what is causing this glitch. The bookshare upload page will often say a file is not a valid .rtf file when I have been able to read it perfectly well in either word or wordpad.

E.