[bksvol-discuss] Re: indices et al

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 01:13:16 -0400

The English teacher in me wants to scream at the idea of arbitrarily eliminating footnotes or indices. They are usually there for a reason and i cannot imagine eliminating them unless they are totally illegible or gratuitous. Most footnotes are there to aide the reader or, at the very least, to give the reader the source for something quoted or referenced in the text. Even the "novel" I am currently validating would be confusing and incomprehensible at times without the notes.

Amy (OMST)