[bksvol-discuss] Re: index question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

Most (all?) indexes are allphabetically arranged. The one in your book should
be, so there shouldn 't really be subentries. If the index in your file isn't
already alphabetized, you could alphabetize ot (using sort). When people use an
index they look for the word or name they want and then find the page in the
text on which that appears. That's why I never carefully proof an indec. the
reader can do  a searc for what they want and will find the page on which to
find it.
cindy