[bksvol-discuss] inaccuracy in a history

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:44:10 -0600

I have been working on the Routledge Historical Atlas of Religion in
America, and I have a weird situation.  The book was scanned very well, at
it appears that the text is complete.  However, I found some factual
inaccuracies in one chapter of this book.  Now I don’t want to spur
religious attacks, but it is very important to get the story straight.  This
wasn’t a case of misspelling a name.  The authors inaccurately represented
an event and individuals involved.  Now, I don’t know everything about all
religions, but this makes me wonder if there are other inaccuracies that I
wouldn’t know about.  I have never seen this as a reason to reject a book,
but as I said when it comes to something that is supposed to be a history,
the story must be right.  Any recommendations?

Kasondra Payne