[bksvol-discuss] images in meritbadge pamphlets

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:48:52 -0400

I have a question for my wife.  She is starting to work on the meritbadge
pamphlets.  She says there are some pages in the pamphlets that have info that
scans as images instead of OCRing to text.  One example is a page that shows a
hand written table of info.  This table shows a log of different ways a person
might communicate.  Since it is hand written it doesn't OCR.

She wants to know if she should just retype the info so it is in text or if she
can include the image so low vision folks can possibly use it.  If she includes
the image she plans on including a description of the info.

How do we approach this?

Thanks.