[bksvol-discuss] Re: identifying volunteers

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:27:10 -0500

Hi,

Yes.  I understand.

Lynn

----- Original Message -----
From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 12:17 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: identifying volunteers

The trouble with just taking the course you do is it leaves submits
and validates with a final note reading "submitted by a bookshare
volunteer".

Volunteers have been asking for a more individual breakdown of the "a
bookshare volunteer" category so we volunteers can easily identify
the people submitting a book.

We sometimes need this info when reviewing books on step 1 or when
commenting on books already in the collection. This is the reason a
further code is being proposed.

Folks will keep their privacy while volunteers will be able to work
with each other and with the bookshare collection to improve its quality.

Hope my note explains things a bit.

E.

At 12:58 PM 8/29/2008, you wrote:

>Is it really necessary to have any volunteer codes?  I don't have my
>contact
>info uploaded when I submit a book.  I simply put my e-mail address in the
>comments section.  That way, a validator can contact me easily, but there
>is
>no link to my name or e-mail address on the book information page.  That
>gives me some degree of privacy without being inaccessible.
>
>Lynn I

7:07 AM