[bksvol-discuss] Re: how should I handle numbering for pages of unnumbered photos moved to end of book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:45:30 -0600

Thanks, everyone that replied--I'm going to just add page numbers, as suggested by Misha and others. Appreciate the memory prod! smile.

Judy s.l
On 11/19/2012 4:58 PM, misha wrote:
I don't remember any discussion about this, but I (almost) always add page numbers. I just like that message when you submit a book that says your book has 541 pages numbered from 1 to 541 (or whatever the correct number of pages is).

Misha

On 11/18/2012 9:24 PM, Judy s. wrote:
I'm proofing a book that has about 20 unnumbered pages of photos in the middle, which all had captions that scanned very well. The text has consecutive numbering (the page before the photos is page 96, the page after the photos is page 97), so I'm moving the photo pages to the end of the book. However, I can't remember how we've decided to handle page numbering for those pages now that they are at the end of the book. Should I add page numbers to those pages once I put them at the end of the book, starting of course with the next page number after the last printed page of text? Or not?

If I'm clear as mud in what I'm asking maybe this is clearer. The last page of text is numbered 220. Should I number the first page of photos 221 and so forth, or just leave all those pages I've moved to the end unnumbered?