[bksvol-discuss] Re: how should I handle numbering for pages of unnumbered photos moved to end of book

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:15:13 -0500

Hi Judy,
  You just keep on numbering after the text numbering ends.  HTH!

-----Original Message----- From: Judy s.
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:24 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] how should I handle numbering for pages of unnumbered photos moved to end of book

I'm proofing a book that has about 20 unnumbered pages of photos in the
middle, which all had captions that scanned very well.  The text has
consecutive numbering (the page before the photos is page 96, the page
after the photos is page 97), so I'm moving the photo pages to the end
of the book.  However, I can't remember how we've decided to handle page
numbering for those pages now that they are at the end of the book.
Should I add page numbers to those pages once I put them at the end of
the book, starting of course with the next page number after the last
printed page of text? Or not?

If I'm clear as mud in what I'm asking maybe this is clearer.  The last
page of text is numbered 220.  Should I number the first page of photos
221 and so forth, or just leave all those pages I've moved to the end
unnumbered?

Judy s.