[bksvol-discuss] Re: how good is good?

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:39:45 -0500

Hi, Siobhan. I think you're doing a great job. Footnotes and things like indexes often get messed up in a scan. If the main text is readable, I'd say you're in good shape. (smile) We each have our own way of validating a book, and you're on your way to creating a style of your own. What I do is run rank spelling to get the obvious errors out of the way. Then I sit down and just read the book like I would read it for pleasure. I sometimes catch little scannos that way. I have a wireless keyboard, and I start speech reading and then snuggle up with a blanket and something to drink. If I hear something that's messed up, I can fix it quickly and can do my reading in my easy chair or even in bed at night. The best advice I ever got from the folks around here was to find a way to make my work fun. As you can see, I did that. Did I mention my steady supply of chocolate and hazelnut coffee? Hey, validating is hungry work, you know? (grin)

Monica Willyard

Siobhan wrote:
Hi all. I've been working on the book again, the single by choice, and I've discorered there a ton of what look like foot notes, where other works are sited. I think i'm goingto submit and let it go, because I don't know if getting to one hundred percent is what I want, nor is possible. If I'm being unreasonable speak up. Thanks for all our help everyone, I appreciate it