[bksvol-discuss] Re: how do I

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:38:56 -0400

It isn't a Bookshare issue.  it is a Microsoft issue.  Internet Explorer, no
matter what screen reader you use won't read the browse button on other web
pages either's.  Jaws has made a work around for the button to work, but on
almost all the sites I visit, the "browse" button won't show up.

Prime example,

Try sending a file using this website, the browse button won't speak, unless
you are out of forms mode in jaws.

http://www.mailbigfile.com/

Don't blame Bookshare for a IE problem, and yes Ann, they have been working
on it, we complained about it, a long time ago, and that is when they
contacted jaws and WE and asked them about the issue, and JAWS and WE's
makers along with Bookshare determined it is a IE situation, not a Bookshare
one.  It also will not read the browse button, on my web email accounts,
either velocity, or the Carroll Center.  And on one of the library sites I
use on a regular basis it doesn't work either.

Smile.
Here is the website for Mail Big file.
http://www.mailbigfile.com/

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

More than Any other time, When I hold a beloved book in my hand, my
- Helen Keller