[bksvol-discuss] Re: how can I get books to scan

  • From: Eden Kizer <eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 22:11:43 -0400

Eden

On 6/4/2012 10:06 PM, Ixchel, Jackie wrote:
Hi,
One place you could get books from is your local library. I'll look
for other good places which are free and let you know.
Last I checked, people are allowed to send you books; I think some
volunteers did it not too long ago.
What scanning software do you have?
Jackie

On 6/4/12, Eden Kizer<eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
      I have a great scanning product now and can scan books, but I can
not afford to buy them.  If people want things scanned, please notify me
on my email, and you can arrange to send them to me if alowed
eden420@xxxxxxxxxxx

The program I have can capture 20 pages a minute.  It is 90 to 95
perecent accurate.  Better than my spelling, lol.

Eden

On 6/4/2012 10:50 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Am I missing something here?

Is this new list of who likes what that's going to be used to create
paired scanners and proofreaders supposed to be for just those
volunteers who like the idea, or are all of us suddenly being asked to
jump on another bandwagon?

If this is intended for all volunteers, it has all the potential to be
yet another administrative nightmare, and would make no sense to me.

Just my (somewhat jaded) opinion! smile.

Judy

On 6/4/2012 6:59 PM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:
Hi Lori,

As well  as the privacy issue, I agree completely with you.

Mayrie