[bksvol-discuss] hope's unzipping problem -- Cloudy Jewel

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:45:59 -0600

Hi Hope. Yes, the unzipped files are always read only because the unzipping puts the file into its own directory under temporary folders I think. Next time you should go to file and save as then tab over to the combo box that says "save file in combo box" and select my documents, or desktop, or where ever you want to save the file. Then hit the save button or press alt with s to save. Once the file is saved into a different directory, you can save changes while you edit. Of course, I always change the file extention to .rtf when I do the first "save as" so I don't forget later. hth

Cheryl Fogle MA Ph.D. candidate in Anthropology, University of New Mexico

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hope Hein" <hmhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>