[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for means just that

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

Jackie,

You are welcome, and you are entitled to express you
views--and they are worth something!!

The problem of HOld Fors sitting on step one didn't
exist as much before there was five-book limit. People
downloaded the books and kept them off the step one
page.

Usually it's books people want to validate but havne't
had time to get to them. Sometimes people do forget
they're there. SOmetimes the books are not in good
shape because the submitter hasn't had time or
inclination to prevalidate but the person the book is
being held for is willing to do the work involved. But
if someone else took the book and saw the shape it's
in  he/she might reject it.

Often, if someone else wants to do the book, he/she
can ask on the list if the person it's being held for
wants  it continue to be held or if he/she can take
it. Usually the answer will be yes, because that will
get it into the collection faster and anyone can read
it--unless the book as problems. smile

So if there's a book you'd like to do that's being
held for someone else, feel free to ask here if you
can take it. smile

Cindy