[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for means just that

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:19:58 -0700

U know, yall, I'm just a newby so a) I don't wanna tick any1 off; & b)
therefore this observation doesn't count--but there have been books up
there on step 1 for months that say hold for so-&-so.  I won't take
them, & I think others feel likewise, because first I believe & I
think others do also that doing so bespeaks a lack of integrity &,
2nd, well, folks get bent out of shape when a book held for them gets
taken.  So, there they sit, & somehow that doesn't seem quite right to
me.  But, like I said, I'm just a newby & what do I know?  Still, it
seems to me from an admin point of view that this hold for tag should
be stripped from a title if not taken in a reasonable period, say 5
days to a week.  Probably could be built in2 a crawler or bott or
whatever u wanna call it.  Obviously there might be exceptions to why
a book should be held longer, e.g., it's in a foreign language & there
are only a few validators who read that or it requires some sort of
specialized knowledge possessed by 1 or only a few validators--but the
books whereof I speak do not seem to fall in a category like that.
Just a thought, my dad used to say I didn't get paid to think, & yeah,
he's probably right--it's likely worth exactly what yall paid for it,
but, o, well.

On 9/26/07, Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wonder if everybody knows to put Hold For in front
> of the title. A newbie put it in the Comments section
> for a book to be held for me. Since she told me it was
> up, I got it, and told her to put it in front of the
> title next time. If it's not in front of the title,
> someone could download the book without even seeing
> the Hold For.
>
> But maybe I'm being generous. My husband says I always
> look at the best explanation for what people do. He's
> more suspicious and gets annoyed with ne sometimes.
> smile
>
> Cindy
>
> --- "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Julie when somebody took my "hold for" book I was
> > told to contact
> > Claire.  Perhaps whoever took your hold knows that
> > Claire is on
> > vacation and is taking advantage of the opportunity.
> >
> > E.

> > line.  To get a list of available commands, put the

Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net