[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:43:45 -0700

Great job & precisely the point I was trying to make awhile back,
though I had neither the time, energy, or inclination to do what u
did.  Congrats.  This is *exactly* the problem I was trying to point
out & the difficulty I have w/the "hold" system in general, though
having said that I used it myself so that a person who had previously
rejected 1 of my books for not having proper page numbering would get
credit for validating it again, w/the pages intact.  So--what I'm
really saying is that I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea--I
just think there needs to be something in place to where if the hold
for status remains for too long, it's deleted.  Sounds like a
programming problem to me.

On 10/15/07, talmage@xxxxxxxxxx <talmage@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here are a number of "hold for" books that have been on the download
> list for a while.  Just wondered if the targeted people missed them.
>
> HOLD FOR BARBARA Daws: The Story of Dawson Trotman, Founder of the
> Navigators
> by Betty Lee Skinner
> Submitted by: Carrie Karnos
> on: 2007-06-07 11:56:59-07
>
> HOLD FOR Shelley: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cultural Etiquette
> by Carol Turkington
> Submitted by: Jamie Yates
> on: 2007-09-15 21:36:59-07
>
> The biology of violence: how understanding the brain, behavior, and
> environment can break the vicious circle of aggression (hold for Sarah)
> by Debra Niehoff
> Submitted by: Amber Wallenstein
> on: 2006-06-17 07:53:23-07
>
> (Hold for Kelby) Mary Called Magdalene
> by Margaret George
> Submitted by: Amber Wallenstein
> on: 2007-07-24 16:21:19-07
>
> HOLD for E. or Jill - Dark Fire
> by C. J. Sansom
> Submitted by: Jamie Yates
> on: 2007-08-13 17:02:29-07
>
> HOLD FOR NANCY Everway Playing Guide
> by The Editors at Wizards of the Coast
> Submitted by: Carrie Karnos
> on: 2007-05-17 11:23:30-07

Jackie McBride
Please sign the Yahoo Accessibility petition at:
<http://www.petitiononline.com/yabvipma/petition.html>
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net