[bksvol-discuss] hey, I have a new problem

  • From: "Rui" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:38:30 -0500

Hello Everyone:

The issue de jour is: if i grab a txt file that has pagebreaks and use ms
word to validate it, upon saving it those breaks will be stripped out of the
txt file.  This is where we are losing a lot of pagebreaks, it's not on the
submission end necessarily.

I personally use k1000 and so kurzweil does maintain pagebreaks, but this is
an issue for everyone who uses word.
My current solution  for this is to advise people who use word not to
validate txt files.  If you are unsure of what i'm saying, grab a txt, open
it in word, check the page count, then make a change, and save the file.
Upon reopening the file you should see a drastically different page count.

If someone has a solution for this or is confused by what i just typed,
please step forward.

-- Rui(with 2 feet of snow)
 Bookshare.org Informal Volunteer Scanning Page
http://members.cox.net/booksharescans