[bksvol-discuss] Re: help with upload, please

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:13:14 -0500

Fortunately, the problem is solved and congratulations to validator and helper. :-) I am just curious if the problem was what I suspect it might have been. It sounds like the corrected RTF file might have remained in it's zipped state for the entire process. If that was the case then the RTF would never be visible in the list of files in the directory. The zipped file would have had to been chosen for upload even though RTF was the file type chosen. Most of the time zip programs have you unzip files before you open them, but I know it is possible to open and resave files without ever unzipping them. It just depends on the software you have. Of course my guess about the problem might be entirely incorrect, but I thought it might be helpful sometime in the future to know what can confuse the upload process.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity