[bksvol-discuss] Re: help with books with pages larger than scanner glass

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 05:30:07 -0400

If you know the book is in columns, you can scan the left side of the page
and then the right side of the page.

If you know it is not in columns, you can scan the top half of the page and
then the bottom half of the page.

That is what I have done the few times I have scanned a book larger than my
scanner.

Or if you don't need the book back as a book, you can send it to Bookshare
where they will chop and scan it. I am pretty sure their scanner handles
larger pages. But you might want to ask first.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The London Train by Tessa Hadley