[bksvol-discuss] Re: help, I'm in trouble!!

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:12:10 -0600

Hi Bud!

No, you aren't stupid. We all have a dumb moment. I have said no to saving when I ment yes and lost a bunch of a file when I knew better.

What you might want to do in the future when you are scanning a book, when you are done, make a copy of it before you do anything with the document to clean up scanos, delete headers and the like. That way, if you goof up and use the sharp tool of replace all or delete a bunch of things, you will have a fresh copy to start cleaning up.

Debby

At 07:37 PM 11/21/2009, Bud Schwab wrote
Unfortunately I saved it so I guess I'm back to page one and will rescan the book. I'll bet I think of that the next time. I guess I've never run across a book before where the title is repeated in the text also. Thanks for the reply anyway.

BudAt 08:30 PM 11/22/2009, you wrote:
Bud If you haven't saved it yet, you can go to the edit menu and do an undo and it should replace what you deleted. If you've saved--- well I think you're out of luck.

At 05:21 PM 11/21/2009, you wrote:
Hi Gang,

I think I just pulled a booboo. I'm scanning a book called Boone's Lick. So I deleted all the headers that had the title. All of a sudden it dawned on me that Boone's Lick is the name of the town and is mentioned many times in the text. So obviously I deleted them also. Am I going to have to rescan the book and start all over? I don't know any way to retrieve those deleted words. Any ideas?

Stupid Bud

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California