[bksvol-discuss] Re: headers or footers

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:54:19 -0400

That really depends on the book. I've scanned some books where the headers come out very consistently, and I've used Search and Replace to get rid of nearly all of them at once.

Then, there are those books where they scan terribly and you must remove them manually; and then there's everything in between. So it really depends on the book whether automated header removal is feasible or not. But in those cases where a Search and Replace--or two, since you need one for each side of the book--or even several--for those times when the headers scan only a few different ways--can save quite a bit of time when you're talking about doing it with several hundred manual operations instead.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>