[bksvol-discuss] hard-to-get books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:31:07 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, you all are luckier than we sighted people in
that regard. Several times I've looked for books,
usually for bookshare, and the only ones available to
me are in reference in the main library which is hard
to get too and some distance away. It's fortunate that
with bookshare we have volunteers from all over the
country, so that some books unavailable in one place
can be obtained in another, and that we have people
willing to scan out-of-print and hard to get books to
add to the collection.

Cindy

--- Peninnah Fleischer <peggyfleischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Katie and everyone,
>
> Being a home schooling family, we often end up
> using books that are out of
> print or in limited printings. I try to scan these
> books for  Bookshare even
> if they have limited interest.  My thinking is that
> if they are limited for
> sighted readers they are probably nonexistent in
> libraries for the blind.
> Some companies that I buy curriculum through send a
> free book if you buy
> enough of their products and if those aren't already
> on  Bookshare, I  scan
> those too.  I just got a Trail Blazer book that is
> not in the collection so
> I'll be doing that one next.  It's  great that there
> are several of us doing
> out of print and hard to find books.
>

> Peninnah Fleischer
>
> Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your
> mouth, but that which is
> good to the use of edifying, that it may minister
> grace unto the hearers.
>
> Ephesians 4:29

They