[bksvol-discuss] Re: guidelines for submission fields - first draft

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'm Carrie, one of the Bookshare volunteers who helps scan, OCR and validate
books.  Since I live a mile away from the Bookshare office, I go into the
office to help out once or twice a week.  Because of my close proximity, I can
ask questions by standing in front of people instead of having to wait for them
to respond to emails.  The people on the staff are all quite busy, and
sometimes don't get around to reading all the emails on the discussion group,
so I try to act as a liaison sometimes between the volunteer group and the
staff.  When I noticed a lot of mistakes in the titles and authors earlier this
year, I created the guidelines (they're in a couple of other emails) and got
permission to post them on the discussion group.

HTH, Carrie

YeloRoses4Me <YeloRoses4Me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is one of the reasons I am confused.
Who is Carrie and where is that msg?

> Note to new validators:
>
> I use that msg from Carrie as my guideline
> in uploading books after validating. If you fail to follow the formatting
> guidelines as outlined, your chances are very good that all of your
> editing work will be for nothing as Gustavo will likely return the book to
> the Step 1 page.
> So save them and follow them.

Yahoo! for Good