[bksvol-discuss] Re: google books

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:37:16 -0400

Hi, Julia. In his speech Jim said that though Google had offered the
books, Bookshare doesn't have the 25 million dollars it would take to
OCR the books and add them to our existing collection. So unless
there's something very new, I'd guess the answer to your question is
that we'll get them if and when Bookshare has 25 mil to spend that
isn't part of a grant ear-marked for something else. (smile) Anyone
know how we could raise that kind of capital for Bookshare? Maybe we
could find a way to get some corporate donors once the economy perks
up again.

--
Monica Willyard