[bksvol-discuss] Re: getting worried about possibly disappearing books

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:29:07 -0700

Hi, Jamie,

I rejected one of the books, and the errors were not at all minor.  As I
recall, as well as no page breaks, the book had many broken words with dashes
in the middle and many inappropriate paragraph breaks.
I'm letting you know this because as I recall you felt that your experience
level made it difficult for you to proofread the book.  Your experience level
was not at all the problem.
I seldom reject books and will make a concerted effort to correct errors.
However, in this case, I knew that a rescan would take less time than
correcting all the problems and determining many of the page breaks would be
guess work at best.  I realized clearly why rejections sometimes have to occur.
I hope the scanner will ask for assistance.

Lori C.