[bksvol-discuss] Re: getting rid of bold?

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:46:18 -0700

If you are using Word, you can use find and replace (but I really wish it were earlier to describe). Put your capital I in the find box, select the more button and then select the check box for whole words only (or just put a space before and after the I in the find box). Then select the special button. From the list this produces, select font. Then you get a standard font dialog box. In that just select bold (nothing else). Then put capital I in replace (with the space before and after if that's the way you did find), go to special and font again and in font select regular. Then do either replace how ever many times you need to, or just replace all. If you replace all, in the rare event that the word I appears in a phrase that is supposed to be bold it will be unbolded, but what a small price to pay when the scan has bolded nearly every I in the book (I have had this happen).

Misha

Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
The book I am currently scanning has an issue with the capital letter I by itself showing up in bold. So it would be like "then *I* sat down, and she handed me a book so *I* took it from her" How can I get rid of just the bold in the capital letter I's all over the text? If I select the whole text and then undo bold, the stuff that was bold goes away but the stuff that wasn't bold turns into bold. I'm using Word 2003 but can also use Word 2007.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Great Arizona Orphan Abduction by Linda Gordon
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>