[bksvol-discuss] fyi Another task down the drain

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:03:37 -0500

Hello everyone.

In the past before uploading a book to bookshare I would open the book in ms
word, put a space in it, take the space out, and save the book as an .rtf file.

However, since the changes last January, I have deliberately bypassed this step
and haven't yet had a book give me the innocuous phrase "an error has occurred".

Therefore, I think we can happily avoid the step altogether.

This should especially be helpful to those who do not have a copy of ms word
and were using WordPad or some other method of tweaking the system.

Bob
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead