[bksvol-discuss] Re: frustration among submitters and validators

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:25:46 -0800

Let's take the submission process in general. Yes, at times there are quirks
in the system that cause errors in submission but considering in general how
many of this group submit books on a regular bases the submission form and
process obviously works rather well. A users level of understanding with
JAWS or any screen reader cannot be blamed on the form. Like we say around
here it is probably ebkac. Error between keyboard and chair. I will go back
to my point that JAWS and most screen readers have a fairly steep learning
curve to master. And yes, when I started with JAWS after using outspoken on
a Mac for ten years I was frustrated and not real impressed with the program
until I understood the program and learned the tens of keystrokes that allow
seamless interfacing.

Katie Hill
No one is given a dream without also being given the power to make it come
true