[bksvol-discuss] Re: front and back cover

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:11:52 -0400

Well, okay.  I'm back and am going to be contrary.  <smile>  I think the
statement that there is no (quote) "right" (close quote) way to handle the
front/back cover thing according to BookShare official rules is accurate,
but the purist...(or perhaps it's only the obsessive/compulsive monster),
within me says that if I'm reading the front cover, and it concludes with
something like, "continued on back cover," then I should have to go to the
end of the book to find the continuation piece.  That's what a person would
have to do with the hard copy in hand.  Having said that, I will say that I
typically put the front/back cover information together and paste it into
the long synopsis field when I submit the book, but I leave the front and
the back covers where they are in the text version.  Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I now have Kurzweil 1000, but it will be a while before I submit any
books scanned with this program.  I wish it came with a braille cheat sheet
for commands.

Peace and Hope,

Donna