[bksvol-discuss] Re: friends don't let friends date Jason

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:49:02 -0400

Unfortunately I had to reject about twenty books before she got the message. I am truly thankful if her submits have improved.

I caught a lot of flack for rejecting all those earlier books though my intent was good.

Every time I rejected a book, I wrote detailed notes on what specific patterns I noticed and what she could do to improve the next submit. Then the next submit would come along and the same patterns were there.

Glad to know my notes eventually proved valuable.

E.

At 07:17 PM 6/25/2008, you wrote:
I did a pam borst submittion recently and it was almost perfect.

Her later ones have changed or at least the one I did had.
It just needed a few characters removed but I read the whole thing and it was almost flawless.

Some of the scans i have done in the past few weeks are good and some were like the one we are discussing here.
The bad page was page 160.
The rest of the book was correctable and made into a good quality book.

I am using speech jaws 9 and the computer to validate so may miss some tabs but have learned how to remove those and agree
You can do a find and replace to remove ^ $ # or / \ symbols.
Sometimes they just end up in a scan either by a scanner burping and that part isn't hard to remove. But the words that aren't all there or aren't consistent are the hard ones or pages that don't scan in. I don't mind reading the entire book if it is mostly clean and would reject and have rejected ones that are not good but poor quality.

HOpe that helps here....I hope I am not making it worse....LOL.
Laura Ann

Laura Ann Grymes, LMT Licensed Massage Therapist
Wellness massage with an agape touch!
979-204-9393