[bksvol-discuss] friends don't let friends date Jason

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:26:06 -0400

I notice this book
Friends Don't Let Friends Date Jason
just got added to the new books list.

It has a less than excellent rating. Does anyone know whether slang or something might explain this rating?

I am concerned on two levels when I find books with less than excellent ratings.

On the first level, I am particularly concerned when these books are meant for a child or teenager. Learning good reading and spelling is part of education. Having to work with less than excellent material makes braille learning, spelling learning and good reading more difficult.

On another level I am concerned that the rating might have been improved with a little use of a spell checker.

I know a spell checker will get hung up on proper names, slang and colloquial speech. So I ask if the less than excellent rating is related to such things in the case of this book.

This particular book took some time getting off step 1. Perhaps the validator wants to speak about anything making working on this book problematic.

Please take all of this as concern for the collection rather than complaining.

E.