[bksvol-discuss] Re: found a book to validate

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:11:47 -0600

Others may do it another way, but I usually open the book in ms word first.

While there I check for soft page breaks, and, if there, replace them with a
line break, a hard break, then another line break. If you need the code to do
this, just ask on this list.

Then I save the file as an .rtf file and open it in Kurzweil to do the bulk of
the editing.

I personally change the book to a .kes file at the first opportunity because
that seems to process faster when you do saves and stuff. But, others may not
do this.

Once I'm finished editing the book, I save the final copy as an .rtf file. and
close Kurzweil.

Before I upload the book in step 2 of the volunteer site, I open the file in ms
word once more. I make some change, usually insert a space someplace then erase
it again. Then I save the file. This is done because occasionally the upload
process won't accept a book that's been saved as .rtf by Kurzweil and flips you
some obnoxiously boring error. So we let ms word do the salvation.

Hope this helps.

Bob