[bksvol-discuss] Re: formatting question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:43:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Valerie.

Yes, those end-of-line paragraph makers need to be eliminated,with only the one
that truly is for the end of the paragraph left.

There are two ways that can be done that I've found: the slow,removing them one
at a time as you read--be careful to replace it with a space so that two words
aren't together (unless they're supposed to be.

Also, member (I think it's the ones who use Braille, but I'm, not sure) prefer
text to be flush left and not justified. I Make the change before I start
proofing.

I'll explain how to globally replace the end-of-line paragraph marks with a
space in a few minutes

I'm back.

If you use microsoft Word, and are careful. The quicckest way to remove those
end-of-line paragraph  marks is to highlight a paragraph except for the last
paragraph mark; you can stop the highlightjust before the last sentence or in
the middle of the last sentence. The first paragaph that you do this with, you
have to replace the paragraph hymbol with a space not replace all). But for
each paragraph after that first time you can replace all
QHWn you're asked if you want to go to the beginning, say no. you have to do
this paragraph by paragraph If for some reason they all disappear, I'm not sure
why this happens sometimes. May I agreed to continue rest of dovumrnt or held
the replace all too long or forgot to the first paragraph with just a replace.
Anyway, ith a long document I've someritiems done something rong and they all
disappeared, but you can always clock on the file and say undo replace all and
start over.

I'vde done this lots of times, most recently with the malcolm x book for Roger.
When I've done Mayrie's pagesnd prrofed a book or two I'll do it for Workinf
Class. Appently hata's all that needs to be done with that book.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: