[bksvol-discuss] formatting question

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:47:54 -0500

I am working on a book right now that has needed a lot of formatting work.
One of the things I noticed in trying to remove all the soft page breaks
after determining the pagination that every single line has a paragraph
marker after it. I typically only see that at the end of the paragraph. Is
it okay to remove it or are they simply being used as line breaks? It leads
to a very choppy right margin and peculiar spacing if you use full
justification. It seems it would be better off to remove them so the text
flowed more naturally or could be managed better by people who might magnify
it. I am sure I did not fully describe this and it may be an annoying
question to people who do not utilize visual context for reading, but I find
it very hard to proofread, so I can imagine it would be equally awkward to
read the text in its current format. It most certainly does not actually
resemble the actual book in its current state.  Any thoughts?

Thanks as always for your help!

Valerie