[bksvol-discuss] formatting in a textbook

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:25:51 -0500

I have a question for everyone. I am working on a Spanish grammar book.
Obviously it is something very different from what I am used to, but I am
enjoying it so far. Anyway, I would like some feedback as to people's preferred
way for representing a fill in the blank section, often in the middle of a
sentence, as well as they often have examples that have bolded arrows in front
of some of the options. If I was strictly doing this for a sighted person I
would just probably put a series of five underscores for fill in the blank, but
I am instead considering bracketing the phrase fill in the blank. In terms of
the bolded arrows within examples, I was thinking about just putting a >and a
proofreader's note before the text of the book begins on what was previously a
blank page.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Valerie