[bksvol-discuss] Re: for shelly, about Fossil Follies

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:42:39 -0600

Hi Mike and everyone!

I just checked on the site books.google.com for "rebel With A Cause" to try this link, and I was unable to find the contents, but I'd like to give you the link to the page I was on called "Why can't I read the entire book", because there are some helpful links on the page as well as an answer to that question.

The helpful links you might want to look at are:

How can I find books that I can download?
My Library FAQ
How does Google Books work?
Why can't I read the entire book?
What are the ways that I can view books?

and the Page I'm on is at this URL:

http://books.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=43729&topic=9259&hl=en

Debby

At 02:23 PM 10/31/2009, Mike wrote
Apparently, google hasn't scanned Fossil Follies. When I put that title in, it says "no preview" and there is no search box to use to get snippets. I wonder if they have done many children's books. As I understand it, most of what they have scanned is from university libraries.

By the way. to get to the scanned books, it's now best to go to books.google.com

I am sure that not so long ago I could use book: "book title" in regular google and it would put google books entries first, but it doesn't seem to work now.

Sorry this didn't work.  It looks like a book I would have loved as a kid.

Misha
Cindy wrote:
How do you get the google books and page es? I tried putting the p. 14 question in google and didn't get anywhere--and the dinosoaurus egg just got me science info
Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List