[bksvol-discuss] Re: for braille readers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:40:11 -0800 (PST)

Jill,

You've aroused my curiosity. I can't imagine. Usually
asterisks are used to refer the reader to an
explanatory footnote at the bottom of the page, e.g.,
next to a word that might need explanation, or a
historical note.

I checked my library's catalog and I see that my
branch  the 1982 284-page edition, supposedly
available. I'll stop in tomorrow and get it. Then if
you can tell me where it might be found, I'll satisfy
your and  mine and anyone else's curiosity.

I liked the Adam Dalgliesh mysteries on PBS, but I've
never read one. This will give me a good excuse to
read one.

SO much to read -- now that I'm 70 I keep hoping I'll
live long enough to read and to validate everything I
want to. Someone turned me on to the Henning Mankell
detective stories. I've reada three of them and want
to read more. The detective is Kurt Wallender, a
Swedish detective; the books are translations from
Swedish. We have none in the Bookshare collection, but
I think those of you who enjoy a well-written
detective story with an interested, complex character
would enjoy them.

Till tomorrow with the answer to the asterisk
question. smile

Cindy

You've