[bksvol-discuss] Re: for Carrie too

  • From: mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:38:15 -0700

Hi,

I am a new volunteer and took for validation "Paths to Otherwhere by James P.
Hogan" which
is probably also one of Carrie's problem submissions, also.

Even though I am new, I intended to complain about all the extra section
markers, but the
first time I tried to subscribe to the list it didn't actually go through, even
though it said I was
subscribed, so I had no way to complain.

Meanwhile, I read through the book to find how many and what kind of errors
occurred.  Most
of the character recognition errors were fairly consistent, a lot of di in
place of th and such
like that find and replace work on very quickly.  Converting the section
markers to page
breaks and knowing which to delete and which to convert was really a pain, I
don't want to do
that again, but this book should be validated tonight or tomorrow.

Now that I am done with that, I have a couple other questions.  The bookshare
web page
says there is a wish list, but there is no list on the site and it refers to
this mailing list.  But
skimming through the topics in the archive of the mailing list, I didn't find
anything about a
consolidated list that is posted periodically, either.  So, is there such a
list?

I probably don't have that much time to scan books now anyway, but I'd also
like to know if
there is any interest in books of science fiction short stories.  I have many
of these from very
old to brand new.

That ought to be more than enough for my first post to this list.

Mike