[bksvol-discuss] food Support Needed For Our Volunteers and Members

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:07:12 -0500

If anybody needs a low cost recipe for soup please get in touch. Low cost lentil, split pea, or bean soup can be made inexpensively, particularly if a person is willing to make soup without meat.

Buying black beans, lentils, chickpeas, or split peas dried is even less expensive than using canned beans. It takes a bit more time than using canned products but the result is healthier and less expensive. These soups taste wonderful in the winter too, can be made inbig batches and can be frozen in pint containers for easy use later.

Do write if I can help out folks.

E.