[bksvol-discuss] Re: font Question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

This info is good to know. I've  changed Arial to Time New Roman because I
thought that was what was required. I have to magnify to 200% to  proof. I'll
kep the Arial now that I know I can. Arial 12 point for text, 18, 26, 14 for
sections, chapter tiels and subheadings (we don't use 20 any more for?

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

choosing, usually something simple to read.  Since you are a braille
reader, if I remember correctly, it really doesn't mattter to you as a
proofreader which font.  If you like and are used to Ariel, continue using
that.

>As I said, it's not which font that matters, but that it be
one font throughout the book with proper sizing as you described in your
previous note.

>Times New Roman is just what we recommend to sighted
proofreaders as it is very easy to read and be clear about what a sighted
proofreader is seeing.  Low vision proof readers prefer Ariel.  It's
up to the proofreader which font he/she chooses, as long as it's all the same
font.