[bksvol-discuss] Re: font Question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

After I've downloaded and saved the rtf file I  open it in Word, save it work
on it in Word, then change it to rtf just before uploading it. aI'm  not sure
rtf saves some fonts and page breaks. someone else ill know. I'm  sighted and
the layout of the rtf files confuses me. I like to look at the file in Word in
Normal view.
That's just me.  I have Microsoft Word X for the Mac, 1983-2001. But recently a
file I downloaded wouldn't work properly. My husband ascertained that it had
been saved in a different Word (older? newer?) and he had to install the one I
wanted to use.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

Bookshare book!  *gulps*  Before I did it, I wanted to familiarize
myself with the steps, and, as much as possible, get comfortable with
them.  I know practice and the routine of doing them over and over for
books will make it easier.  Hahaha.  Hopefully after successfully
completing this one, I won't feel so daunted.  *sheepish grin*

>My question is about the font.  This
particular book has a font that my Word 2003 doesn't have installed, so it said
it would show me the closest font available.  I understand that Times New
Roman is an easy font to read, and know from the documentation that it's a
recommended font.  I already know that I can't change text.  But is it
okay to change the type of font.  In other words, could I select the entire
content of the rtf, change it to times new roman 12 point, and then change the
size of particular chapter titles, book title, etc, as required?