[bksvol-discuss] Re: finding synopses

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:14:48 -0400

Hi all,

Sue, sometimes I think that you jump to conclusions. If you read my comments again, I said that I hoped the book hadn't gone onto the public list with that synopsis.It looked as if it were attached, and someone hadn't caught the error.

If you read further down the message, I continue by saying that I had checked the book in the collection and all it says publicly is "Christian Mystery".

I read the message with speech, and didn't have a Braille display connected, so if G. Cindy *had* made a distinction between the inadequate synopsis and her comments, I didn't catch it. There was no "note: or Comments: Or, My comments: Or anything to indicate that G. Cindy's comments were separate from the two word synopsis. . That's why I went to check it out before sending my email.

In addition, I explained where and how I had obtained the synopsis which I did include.

<smiling> Actually, I knew that G. Cindy would never have written such a synopsis and submitted it for public consumption, and I wasn't blaming her at all, Sue. I believe that G. Cindy takes the new books right off the web page and plunks them into an email for us. I was concerned that "The Bookshare Validator", you know, the nameless "Bookshare Volunteer", had struck again! I was questioning the synopsis, not its writer. Sometimes, in fact, quite often, you tend to see offense when none was given at all. Let's agree to disagree about our writing styles, please.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring