[bksvol-discuss] Re: finding books to proofread

  • From: "Alyssa" <LyssasSong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:15:47 -0400

Hi Nancy. I like this message and agree with you. I prefer earning my
credits as well. As for your question, it makes a proofer's life easier if
you remove the headers, but you don't have to do it. If you're proofing a
book rather than scanning it, and you come across headers, it's better to
remove those since, as someone pointed out, the stripper cannot always be
relied upon to do that. For instance, with the book you're proofing now, the
headers that were in it initially were all formatted differently for some
reason. I was able to do a find an replace for some of them, but others had
to be deleted manually because their spacing was totally different. I think
that was just a glitch with the scanning software though, so it's not major
though it was certainly annoying to be merrily reading along to come across
headers every page or two.

-Alyssa

  _____